Tuesday, January 31, 2012

To forget ...

How does one forget? I have trapped myself within the same moments for 3 years. Looking back, rewriting, recreating, imagining new possibilities, picturing what might have been, conjuring false futures that will never be. I was a child. I want to forget. I want to live, and breath for nothing but me, and my future, and breath. I don't want to live in these memories anymore. I hate that those thoughts are always there, waiting to spring to the foreground whenever lack of thought provides. I've learned all there is to learn. I want to learn new things. I want to make new memories. But how can I, when the past is crowding my head? I want to remember the good things. I want to remember my life now. I want to live my life now. I don't know who to ask if not myself, but help me to forget! Whisk these thoughts away to a place where they are hidden and submissive. I need control over my mind. I need to move on. I need to forget. Nothing will ever change what has passed. Past has passed. Present is a gift. Future will be what I have NOT written. So why must these memories still linger?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome! I could use your support and advice.